Monday, August 17, 2009

Doug's '56 Corvette







Let me start this entry by stating I am NOT a Corvette fan. I guess its not the actual car that I dont like, but the hawiian shirt creeps that drive them. Doug is my neighbor, he lives behind me on the other street. He came by a few weeks ago and told me about this car he was going to get from his parents house in Oregon. I had a lot going on that day so I kind of forgot he was going. Anyways, he pulls up in this Corvette the other day, and my jaw about hit the ground. His dad purchased this car in the '60s and drove it till about '79 where he parked it in his garage. He repainted it in '76 before the long storage. The car has 67k original miles on it and is absolutely stock as can be. The only thing changed is the rims and tires which Doug put on to get it home. After throwing the new shoes on her, Doug drove this car 800 miles back to the Central Coast! The car has a 265 with dual quads, and a 3 speed for motivation. The top is removable, and inside are the hydraulics for the soft top. Doug's Dad gave this car to him, id say thats a pretty damn good present!

Like I said before, Im not a "Vette" guy, but this thing is just pure badass. Look for it at the Primer Nats this year.

1 comment:

d-smoke said...

I'd trade some of those super Ratty Ratrodz (insert vomit face here) for this vette to get into Primer Nats any day!!!