Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Progress



No update pics as of yet, but Ive been thrashing on the pickup for the last few weeks. Im gonna take this weekend off of it and get at it next weekend. Basically, ive ran into a snag trying to run juice brakes on the back. The brakes that I installed on the stock A rearend came off of another stock rearend so I thought they would bolt right on. Well, after cleaning, painting, and installing everything I seem to have ran into 2 problems. 1: the backing plate is hitting the drum. 2: the drum had too much meat on it and is hitting the inside of the backing plate (different spot than probelm 1). I had the drums turned down today so Im halfway done with that. Now I just need to take all the brakes back apart and mill down the backing plates, which shouldnt be too bad. Also, ive almost completed fabbing up the master cylinder mount and gotten it ready to mount in the truck. The frontend is almost complete, I just need to drop the steering arm and finish bolting stuff together and its ready to go. Once all thats done, its time to clean up the Firestones and rock it! Ill post pics next week.

Love,
Robertooooo

No comments: