Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Piece O Shit Prospect











So here's the newest addition to my project list! I salvaged my Dad's 75 Ironhead, it was an ongoing project for him that lost steam a long time ago, and was laying around in the hot Arizona desert sun. So after a trip with Von Buckhauser, (a 24 hour drive he slept through) we drug it back to NorCal, now it's sitting in my tiny apartment garage, waiting for some parts (money first), then will be making a trip to a garage in Napa, to sit alongside another Ironhead. Have to admit that I'm a lot more than just excited to keep this family tradition going, I had rides to and from pre school on this bike, not to mention some long road trips all over Arizona, still remember all the mesquitoes I ate along the way.
In short, the bike has a hard tail, rake and lower fabbed up by my ol man, a wide glide front end, and lots of other minor stuff he had done since 79' when he bought the bike, now it sits needing some head work, and valvetrain, minus cams and pushrods. Head work is all lined up by Von Buckhauser, but awaiting valve stuff. Also needs a new hone on the freshly machined jugs, as you can see from the pictures. SLOWLY but surely it WILL be hauling my fat ass.

7 comments:

SHIFTHEAD SPEED said...

Your full man, but your still a fucking piece of shit prospect. Go get that thing on the road already...

Dirty Donnie said...

I fuckin' suck, but I'll get that thing going come hell or high water.....even then

Von Buckhauser said...

I cant wait until you're working on that fucker in my garage. So I can sleep through that too.

d-smoke said...

Remind me to get drunk, fall asleep in an ice-maker, and get kicked out of a bar so I can punch that thing right square in the seat next time I'm in the neighborhood. Good job, you filthy, low-life prospect!

SHIFTHEAD SPEED said...

Smoke, you get to rip one of his hand controls off too!

d-smoke said...

oh yeah, thanks for the reminder! hahahaha...

Dirty Donnie said...

......I know I won't hear the end of that.....sorry man..