Monday, December 7, 2009

Lack of substantial posting?

Well, yes. I havent had SHIT to post in a while thats even worth keeping this blog alive. Recycled internet pictures take center stage when you get no time in the garage to build your dreams and keep the flame lit. Well, what can I say, its that time of year. Time to visit family, eat massive amounts of food in the hopes that it wont stick, spend "car/bike/boat" money on x-mas presents, and drink more beer than a sailor on shore-leave. I, my friend, have done all of the above, on top of contracting a mild case of bronchitis. Every time I get sick im tempted to "get over it by drinking a ton of beer". Unproven logic tells us that beer (alcohol) will cure us of our ailments. Well, every year im proved wrong. It only makes it worse. Take it from me this year, dont booze yourself into a drunken-swineflu-induced coma in the hopes of coming up with a remedy. Lots of "tough" guys swear by it. They are full douche bags.










So, what has been happening in the garage lately? Well, not much. Ive taken on this VW project for a buddy to help him out of a rut. With the help of Badass-Bill, we got this thing running like a top. And when I say we, I mean him. I flat towed it back to the garage the other day so D-Smoker and I could start to just clean it up and get it ready for a CL ad. I got the bed pulled off the piickup. Once I did, I realized A) I need a torch and B) I dont want to chop it anymore. Something about full fendered A's with chopped roof's just arent appealing to me. Dont get me wrong, some look bitchin, but I think this one will stay with the huge windows. Who knows, Ill probly change my mind. Also, I split the Paughco tank my old man gave me. It was smashed pretty good. I took some before pics, but no after pics. I hammered on it and it turned out OK. Nothing a little bondo cant finish. Im torn though, should I split and narrow it? I cant decide.

Well, there you have it. Not a whole lot happening around here. Hopefully we can get this VW out of here soon. Oh ya, thanks to the rain, were probly skipping the Mooneyes X-Mas party and the David Mann Chopperfest. Thanks alot, RAIN! Oh, and for good measure, I included a pic of Dilly-Dally about 30 seconds before he literally suplexed the chick in black on the dance floor at a bar in SLO. Nice D, real nice...

2 comments:

d-smoke said...

Sometimes you just gotta suplex a chick....

SHIFTHEAD SPEED said...

hahaha, your right!