Tuesday, September 22, 2009

IT'S TIME...












So I have been a non contributing contributor to SHIFTHEAD SPEED for some time now. Lifes busy and time is short and sometimes things get looked over or put on the shelf. I really wanted to wait to post something of serious substance as well and now it's time. MY FIRST HARLEY! 76' IRONHEAD, rigid, raked, straight piped, loud and dirty as fuck! Now if you know me or are anything like me you know, I can't leave well enough alone and this bike will not look the same for too long. I've got it running and shifting well, next is the paper work, then all the OCC, WCC shit is kickin rocks to make way for pure man shit. As we sit the plan is some nice short pull backs with schwinn grips, different foot pegs, bobbed, rounded, ridged rear fender with tallish sissy bar accompanied by a beautiful king and queen seat. K model rear wheel with drum, front wheel undecided as to size and brake or no brake but probably somewhere between 21 and 23 inches. Before all of this she will receive a MASSIVE detailing job and polish as much as possible including removing the paint from the cases and shine them babies too. I have already consulted with one of the best painters I have ever seen, Brandon, owner of Altissimo Designs here in Napa, CA, and the sporty tank is gonna get a radical new look. And oh ya, put BACK in a kickstart which was removed by a previous owner, WTF, and lose the electric start. Lots of work ahead of me but I could not be happier! ROD MUNCH, your next brother! Well after Dirty Donnie, the roadie is being planned as we speak to grab that piece of history from Arizona and get it back on the road where it belongs. Stay tuned for more on this one and others soon to come...



2 comments:

SHIFTHEAD SPEED said...

The only cool shit I see in those pics are the DONK rims in the background. You man...

d-smoke said...

Congratulations! I want one too, but I'm not $$$ ready yet.... too busy trying to own five cars at a time...