Friday, July 24, 2009

New bike project







So my old man bought this basket in oregon sight unseen for $500. The guy told him it was a '57 Pan that was totally stock with most of the motor included. It was missing some stuff and was a project, but the neck had not been cut and it was all stock. Since my Dad wanted to restore it to stock form, this was no big deal. Well, when he finally picked it up this is what he got. The neck had been raked, and someone had attached a janky ass hardtail onto the back. Along with the frame, he got two boxes of parts. About a year ago while I was visiting, he told me I could have the frame since he didnt want it anymore. So, I strapped it into the passenger seat of my wifes Honda Civic and drove it back home 8 hours south. A few months back while visiting again, I asked about the parts he had with it. "Ehhh, its just a bunch of junky parts. You dont want them." My Dad's idea of junky parts and mine are a little different! I was stoked to see all the parts he gave me. This is my first bike build so ill keep posting as im going. The other night we were having a SHIFTHEAD meeting and D-Smoke and I mocked the frame up. I used a 17in early Ford rim for the rear and a 21 for the front. For the forks I used an aluminum jack handle split in two. The tank is what came with it and I dont think its stock. Seat is an early Rat-Rod option blue car wash mit. I hope to bring the neck back to stock, finding a stock swingarm, sporty tank, yada yada yada... Stay tuned.

No comments: